Imposter syndrome is a real thing! But it is time for you to kick that train of thought to the curb because it isn’t doing you any favours. The good news is you are in the right place to do just that!
Have you ever felt like you don’t know what you are doing? Do you feel you aren’t qualified or have enough experience for your job? Do you think soon enough my colleagues are going to discover you’re not doing an excellent job and it is all going to be over?
THIS IS IMPOSTER SYNDROME.
Today, we share our experiences with Imposter Syndrome and some strategies that have helped us, including:
- Sharing feelings
- Finding a trusted mentor
- Knowing it is ok to fail (and grow from it)
- Keeping a folder of positivity
- Learning that perfection is a unicorn
- Celebrating successes
- Using positive affirmations to combat ugly thoughts
If you loved or could relate to this episode, don’t forget to follow and review our pod to stay updated with the latest content. And send us a post on social media so we can say a personal thank you!
You can access more teacher strategies, classroom inspiration and a wealth of resources by visiting our website www.rainbowskycreations.com.
💕 Ashleigh and Alisha
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Listen to the Teacher Takeaway Podcast where we chat about Growth Mindset
- Rainbow of Possibilities affirmations
- Let us be your virtual mentors inside Transform Your First Years
- Learn more about Crayola’s Creativity week here.
This episode is sponsored by Transform your First Years – A membership for new teachers that will fast-track your expertise + confidence – because teacher life is a team sport!