Includes 10 Australian money focused tasks designed to provide your students with hands-on, differentiated activities to develop skills and a solid understanding when counting, ordering and sorting Australian notes and coins.
Tasks have been carefully created to meet ACARA standards (and outcomes across the Australian states) for this grade level and are aimed to build proficiency, fluency and confidence in students solving problems when using Australian money.
This pack not only provides opportunities for hands-on learning but also develops all five proficiency strands: communicating, problem-solving, reasoning, understanding and fluency. Looking for another Grade? Find our Year 1 Pack here.
How this Pack Works:
Each activity has a task card stated the learning intention that can be used by the teacher, parent helper or read by students themselves (2 versions of each task card is included: an A4 poster and an A5 version that can be folded in half to create a standing sign).
* 10 Hands-on activities (including task cards + photo examples of each activity)
* Learning Intention for every task
* Teacher Differentiation guide
* ACARA links
* Open-ended word problem
* Money investigation
* Editable Teacher Checklist
**Features new $5 and $10 design**
– counting Australian coins and notes according to their value
– using the face value of coins and notes to sort, order and count money
– making and counting collections of coins and or notes to make up a particular value
– identifying equivalent values in collections of coins
– forming a basis for rounding and calculating change
– recognising that there are 100 cents in a $1
– determining which Australian notes are needed to buy a particular item
– comparing Australian coins and notes with those from other countries
You might also be interested in these Grade 2 Maths products:
Hands on Number Pack – Grade 2
Friends to 20 Number Pack
Friends of 100 Number Pack
❤️What people are saying about this resource ❤️
“Another fantastic bundle, so many good hands on activities to consolidate understanding!” Cordelia
“Amazing – so many fabulous resources!” Megan
We hope you and your students enjoy this resource!
Thanks for visiting!
Year 1 – 2
Hands-on Packs, Learning Centres, Worksheets / Printables
File Type: PDF & PowerPoint
Number of pages: 81
File size: 138 MB
* Compressed Zip File
Copyright of this material is reserved in accordance with the Copyright Act 1968. This purchase is for single classroom/home use only. Additional reproduction of part or all of this resource is prohibited without the written authority of Rainbow Sky Creations. All content and clip art in these files have been created by Rainbow Sky Creations and therefore remain the property of Rainbow Sky Creations.
If you have any feedback, queries, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the online form or at firstname.lastname@example.org