Your students are going to LOVE these rounding decimals games and activities. They are perfect to teach your students to round to the nearest hundredth, tenth and whole number. This pack is designed to develop student fluency, proficiency and confidence.
If you are teaching your students about rounding decimals you need to start with this resource!
A variety of hands-on activities have been included to cater for the different learners in your classroom.
Start students on activities that are highly scaffolded (such as the jump and round and rounding to the nearest whole number tasks).
Challenge students with the rounding the the nearest hundredth games, once they have mastered rounding to the nearest whole number and tenth.
Exit tickets are the perfect way to assess your students formally or informally. We have included 4 different exit tickets for each skill at the end of the resource.
• General ideas to help teach rounding
• Round up and round down pop stick labels (colour and B&W)
• Jump and round (rounding to the nearest whole number)
• Spin and round (rounding to the nearest whole number)
• Roll and round x2 versions (rounding to the nearest whole number)
• Rounding dominoes (rounding to the nearest whole number)
• Make and round (rounding to the nearest whole number)
• Rounding clip cards (rounding to the nearest whole number)
• Spin and round (rounding to the nearest tenth)
• Roll and round x2 versions (rounding to the nearest tenth)
• Make and round (rounding to the nearest tenth)
• Round to the tenth board game
• Spin and round (rounding to the nearest hundredth)
• Roll and round x2 versions (rounding to the nearest hundredth)
• Make and round (rounding to the nearest hundredth)
• Round to the hundredth board game
• Exit tickets (rounding to the nearest whole number, tenth and hundredth)
NO FURTHER TEACHER PREP – JUST PRINT AND USE!
You might be interested in our other Rounding packs:
The Rounding Basics (rounding numbers 1-9)
❤️ What teachers say about our rounding resources: ❤️
“A comprehensive collection of rounding activities. Can’t wait to purchase more amazing Rainbow Sky resources.” Alison
“Thank you for this resource. Rounding is such a tricky concept for many and these activities make it fun!” Kathryn
“My class LOVE these little activities. So good for independent tasks, or small group guidance.” Tanya
“Love this and so easy to use and prepare. My students also love playing the different games.” Kristy
“A comprehensive pack to reinforce rounding. I am using this with a 5/6 class who need the consolidation and gaps filled! So impressed!” Teaching with Penguins
We are passionate about helping teachers here at Rainbow Sky Creations. We hope you and your students enjoy these resources
Thanks for visiting!
Year 5 – 6
File Type: PDF
Number of pages: 35
File size: 28 MB
* Compressed Zip File
Copyright of this material is reserved in accordance with the Copyright Act 1968. This purchase is for single classroom/home use only. Additional reproduction of part or all of this resource is prohibited without the written authority of Rainbow Sky Creations. All content and clip art in these files have been created by Rainbow Sky Creations and therefore remain the property of Rainbow Sky Creations.
If you have any feedback, queries, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the online form or at email@example.com
If you love this resource, we would LOVE you to leave us some feedback!